1 . There are 4 political parties . Day Flight , Eat well , Good Sleep =
Deposit Loss. The 3 statements are
a. Either Day Flight or Eat Well will win the election.
b. Day Flight cannot win election.
c. Neither Deposit Loss nor Eat well can win the election.
Only one statement is true while other two are false .who win the = election =85
Soln : Deposit Loss ( F T F )
2. Javed , Roshan , Bharati and Sheela are supposed to have won prizes =
in math , French , Logic , and Eng. But its not clear who won what.
a. Sheela guessed that Roshan must have won logic.
b. Roshan guessed that Sheela will never win Math. =20
c. Javed guessed that Bharati has won French.
d. Bharati guessed Javed has got Eng.
Of those guesses the winners of Math and logic prizes guessed correctly =
while other two guessed wrong. Who won which prize.
Soln Sheela —-English.
3. there are 10 cig packs each conatining an unknown no of cigs( each =
pack has between 50 and 100). One pack has all bad cigs . Each good cig =
( if u can agree that any cig is good) weighs 1gm. Each bad cig weighs =
1.1 gm or .99 gm but all bad cigs weigh same. Using a spring chemical =
balance ( which gives u the exactweight) .Find out which pack is bad , =
using the balace only once.
4. 24 apples were divided among 3 brothers . Each of them got the same =
no of apples as their age 3 years ago. The youngest of them kept half =
of his share and divided the rest of them equally between other two. =
Other two did the same thing. They all ended up with 8 apples each . =
Determine their ages.
Ans 7 , 10 , 16.
5. a city is divided into 16 blocks with rows passing betwwen them =
Find the no of ways one can move from A and C. ( if u can only move =
upwards and to the right. Different paths may have common routes in =
ans 8 C 4 =3D 70.
6. A is murdered And the statements given by B , C , D are
B – I am a lawyer.
I haven’t killed.
C – I am a layer
I haven’t killed.
D- I am not a lawyer.
A lawyer is a murderer.
Out of these 6 2 are are correct and two of them lawyer.
Ans . first 2 are Truth . Last four are false . c has killed.
7 . Baron’s guide problem colur prob.
7 C E E=20
T E S S
9 9 9 9
8. From the north pole a flight takes up with full capacity of fuel =
It can travel half of the globe. You canchange fuel and do whatever =
you like in air. How many minimum flights will be reqd travel the =
earth once through south pole.
9. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing . The =
road is straight. The cyclist travels with a speed of 10 kmph . one day =
the cyclist comes late by 25 min and meets the train 5 km from the =
crossing. What is the speed of the train?
Ans assume that the man and the train normally meet at the crossing =
at 8 a.m . he is 5 km behind at 7.30 . But when the cyclist is late he =
arrives at the crossing at 8.25 and therefore 5 km behind at 7.55 am =
. Since the train takes 5 min to travel 5 km , the speed of the train =
is 60 kmph.
10.A frog starts climbing a 30 ft wall.Each hr he climbs 3 ft and slips back 2. How many days does it
take him to reach the top and get out ?
At the end of 27 hrs hes 3ft from the top. And during the 28th hr he climbs the remaining 3ft
And hes out. So 28 hrs (shankuntala Devis more puzzles to puzzle u, 197th question).
11. A truck and a car are moving in the same direction at 40 and 60km/hr respectively. Truck was 1500 m Ahead of the car at the start. After some time they both crash. What was distance one minute b4 the Crash.
Convert them into m/sec and do it. The figures 40 and 60 hes not sure.
Suppose one is 15m/s another is 10m/s.
So in one sec car covers 5m.
For 1500m it will take 300s =5 min.
One min b4 I: e 4min I; e 240 sec … it will cover 240 * 5 = 1200.
So the distance b/w them is 300. THE FIGURES ARE NOT THE SAME. It’s been just an example.
12. Professor Kittredge’s literature seminar includes students with varied tastes in poetry. All those in the seminar who enjoy the poetry of browning also enjoy the poetry of Eliot. Those who enjoy the poetry of Eliot despise the poetry of colridge.
Some of those who enjoy the poetry of Eliot also enjoy the poetry of Auden.
All those who enjoy the poetry of Coleridge also enjoy the poetry of Donne.
Some of those who enjoy the poetry of donne also enjoy the poetry of Eliot.
Some of those who enjoy the poetry of auden despise the poetry of cleridge
All those who enjoy the poetry of donne also enjoy the poetry of frost.
1. Miss garfield enjoys the poetry of donne. Which of the following must be true?
A) she may or may not enjoy the poetry of coleridge.
B) She doesn’t enjoy the poetry of bropwning.
C) She enjoys the poetry of auden.
D) She doesnot enjoy the poetry of eliot.
E) She enjoys the poetry of coleridge.
2. Mr. Huxtable enjoys the poetry of browning. He may also enjoy any of the following poets except
3) Miss inaguchi enjoys the poetry of coleridge. Which of the fllwing must be false?
A) she doesnot enjoy the poetry of auden.
B) She enjoys the poetry of donne.
C) She enjoys the poetry of frost.
D) She doesnot enjoy the poetry of browning.
E) She may enjoy the poetry of eliot.
4) Based on the info provide, which of the following stmnts concerning the members of the seminar must be true?
a) all those who enjoy the poetry of eliot also enjoy the poetry of browning.
b) None of those who despise the poetry of frost enjoy the poetry of auden.
c) Some of those who enjoy the poetry of auden des-ise the poetry of coleridge.
d) None of those who enjoy the poetry of browning despise the poetry of donne.
e) Some of those who enjoy the poetry of frost despise the poetry of donne.
13) The person meets one train at the crossing every day.
One day hes 20 min late . He meets the train 5 miles from the place If the speed of the man is 12 mile/hr
What is trains speed.
Ans 53)*****(971 I think this is the ans so that u can find the rest. Any way check it out again.